Catch our team on Shark Week 2022, stand a chance to Win with our Shark Week 2022 Sweepstakes
Marine Dynamics is a Shark Cage Diving company based in Kleinbaai, a small harbour town, part of Gansbaai in the Western Cape of South Africa. This area is known as a hotspot for the Great White Shark and the best place in the world to see and dive with these iconic creatures in their natural environment.
The Discovery Channel and Discovery+ are back for a 34th Shark Week Season from Sunday, July 24 through Sunday, July 30, 2022. This Shark Week Season will feature a number of programmes starring our team members, PhD candidate Alison Towner, marine conservationist/adventurer/skipper Dickie Chivell as well as alumni Marine Dynamics Biologist Michelle Jewell, currently Chief Science Communicator at NC State University, and a Research Associate at Michigan State University Museums.
Shark Week boasts the most hours of programming this year, so make sure to schedule reminders, get comfy, and prep for a shark-filled week.
Shark Week Sweepstakes 2022 – Win an exclusive Shark Experience in South Africa for two people, with shark conservationist Dickie Chivell featured on Shark Week!
Going Great White Shark Diving in South Africa with Marine Dynamics, pioneers of the shark cage diving industry is a combination of goosebump thrills, education, and relaxation on a luxury boat in the company of experienced experts and researchers, including well-known shark conservationist, Dickie Chivell.
On any given day, we also usually see at least two or more members of the Marine Big Five – sharks, dolphins, whales, seals, penguins, and several bird species.
Marine Dynamics live by the motto: ‘Discover, Protect, Educate,’ and we strive to provide you with the utmost conservation-oriented and respectful ethos offered on the market. Our primary concern is directed at the Sharks and the local ecosystem’s health that attracts White Sharks into the area. We will show you the true Great White Sharks, not those depicted in many movies and images. White Sharks are unique, captivating, and beautiful animals perfectly adapted to the ocean and represent the ultimate predator in the marine world. They deserve our most profound respect and admiration.
The sweepstakes winner of the Shark Experience in South Africa will receive a $6000 travel stipend to cover airfare for two people. You will be welcomed with genuine African hospitality for your 10-day once-in-a-lifetime shark experience, diving with sharks in the unique Dyer Island Ecosystem.
Your prize includes two people’s accommodation, meals, transport, and activities.
Experience international award-winning, Fair Trade certified ecotourism at its best.
Make a big ripple in the ocean with your drop of a financial contribution towards marine conservation by entering our Shark Experience sweepstakes, a Dyer Island Conservation Trust fundraiser.
Proceeds from this sweepstakes benefit the Dyer Island Conservation Trust delivering conservation and research programmes to protect the biodiversity of the marine eco-system surrounding Dyer Island. Founded in 2006 by Wilfred Chivell, the Dyer Island Conservation Trust delivers conservation and research programmes to protect the biodiversity of the marine ecosystem surrounding Dyer Island. The trust strives to protect:
- the endangered African Penguin, whose numbers are at an all-time low;
- the world’s densest population of the vulnerable Great White Shark
- the globally significant breeding and calving grounds of the Southern Right Whale.For more information visit: www.dict.org.za
The total value of this all-inclusive Shark Experience Trip for two people, hosted by shark conservationist Dickie Chivell, is worth over $20 000!
The sweepstakes winners will fly to Cape Town, South Africa. The first night will be luxury five-star accommodation in Cape Town. Winners will be transported to Gansbaai, the home of Marine Dynamics (2,5 hours drive from Cape Town), for an action-packed shark experience of a lifetime! Your host, Dickie Chivell (as seen on Shark Week), will take you shark cage diving, deep-sea diving, and on a Marine Big 5 tour in the Dyer Island Ecosystem.
A short flight in a light aircraft will give you a breathtaking bird’s eye view of the Overstrand area, and we’ll try to spot marine life from way up there.
Guided walks, including fynbos nature tours and birdwatching at Grootbos, a luxury eco-reserve tucked between mountains, forest, and sea, is where you will spend two nights.
You and your travel partner will get to visit the most Southern Tip of Africa, a memory sure to be made, especially if the stingrays are around to meet you up close and personal.
Marine Dynamics and personalised Dickie Chivell gear will be provided for you and your travel companion.
You will be transported back to Cape Town for an introductory scuba diving course and shark dive experience at the Two Oceans Aquarium on the Waterfront. After that memorable moment, you’ll be provided with a ticket to visit Table Mountain and enjoy lunch on top of Table Mountain.
Luxury accommodation awaits you for your last day in South Africa.
We promise that this will be an unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience!
BY ENTERING THIS COMPETITION, THE ENTRANT AGREES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- SPONSORS: Marine Dynamics Shark Tours, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, and The Great White House
- ENTRY PERIOD: The entry period begins on Sunday, 24 July 2022, until 6 January 2023, and entries will be accepted. The winner will be announced on 14 January 2023. (“Entry Period”) when all Entries (defined below) must be received.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to those individuals at least 18 years of age. Proof of eligibility may be required. The Promotion is NOT open to any of the following: (i) current employees, officers, or directors of Sponsor or any of its affiliates or (ii) any of such person’s immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, or grandchildren), other family members (spouses of siblings, children, and grandchildren) and members of the same household (whether related or not).
- ENTRY: Any eligible entrant (“Entrant”) may enter the Competition by (a) visiting the Marine Dynamics website at: www.marinedynamics.co.za.
- PUBLICITY AND RELEASE: By entering in the Competition, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant consents to Sponsor and any of its designees using and/or publishing (a) the Entrant’s name (b) testimonials, opinions, statements made by the Entrant regarding the Competition or Sponsor, and/or (c) other information submitted as part of the Entry, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes including but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any form of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, each without further limitation, restriction, compensation, consideration, notice, review or approval. Entrant may be required to provide a signed release acknowledging such consent. Furthermore, by entering, all participants and/or entrants agree to release the Sponsor from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Competition and/or his/her receipt or use of any element of the Prize awarded in this Competition including any injury or harm resulting from any use of the Prize related thereto. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms.
- GENERAL: By entering this Competition, the Entrant represents and warrants that the entrant will: (1) fully comply with these Official Rules and all applicable law, and (2) indemnify and hold the Sponsor and its affiliates and each of their respective agents and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (“Loss”) arising out of or relating to any violation of these Official Rules, any applicable laws, or any rights of any third party by the Entrant. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for late or incomplete Entries or for technical failures of any kind that may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition. By accepting a Prize, each winner acknowledges and agrees that (a) the winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes, and (b) the winner will absolve, defend, and indemnify the Sponsor Parties from any and all third-party Losses resulting from the winner’s receipt of, handling of and/or use of the Prize. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, and each Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied. The depiction of the Prize in any advertising or promotional materials may not be identical to the one awarded to a winner. All expenses and costs associated with a Prize not expressly stated as part of the Prize package described above are the responsibility solely of the winner of that Prize.